Implant Supported Crowns & Dentures
What are Implant Supported Crowns and Bridges?
A dental implant might be right for you. A dental implant are used to replace one or more missing teeth. The implant is made of titanium, a metal that is well suited for you body. The implant acts as an artificial tooth root that will support crowns and bridges.
Why get Implant Supported Crowns and Bridges?
Besides the cosmetic reasons for having missing teeth replaces there are health reasons as well including:
- Restore your ability to properly chew and speak.
- Prevents other teeth from shifting.
- Prevents decay and tooth loss of surrounding teeth.
How long will the treatment take?
The entire process will take a few months to complete.
Step 1: Dr. Wilgus will place the titanium implant into your jaw bone. It will take three to six months for the jaw bone to fuse around the implant.
Step 2: Dr. Wilgus will add an extension or post to the implant to extend the implant above your gum line.
Step 3: Once your gums have healed Dr. Wilgus will attach your new crown or bridge. Dr. Wilgus will insure the fit an comfort of your new tooth.
Implant Supported Dentures
Dentures, also known as false teeth, are prosthetic devices constructed to replace missing teeth, and which are supported by surrounding soft and hard tissues of the oral cavity. Conventional dentures are removable, however there are many different denture designs, some which rely on bonding or clasping onto teeth or dental implants. There are two main categories of dentures, depending on whether they are used to replace missing teeth on the mandibular arch or the maxillary arch.
Dentures can help patients through:
- Mastication as chewing ability is improved by replacing edentulous areas with denture teeth.
- Aesthetics because the presence of teeth provide a natural facial appearance, and wearing a denture to replace missing teeth provides support for the lips and cheeks and corrects the collapsed appearance that occurs after losing teeth.
- the improvement of pronunciation of those words containing sibilants or fricatives by replacing missing teeth, especially the anteriors enabling patients to speak better.
- improving self-esteem
Removable partial dentures
Removable partial dentures are for patients who are missing some of their teeth on a particular arch. Fixed partial dentures, also known as “crown and bridge”, are made from crowns that are fitted on the remaining teeth to act as abutments and pontics made from materials to resemble the missing teeth. Fixed bridges are more expensive than removable appliances but are more stable.
Conversely, complete dentures or full dentures are worn by patients who are missing all of the teeth in a single arch (i.e. the maxillary (upper) or mandibular (lower) arch).
Make Your Visit Painless and Comfortable
In addition to complete services in cosmetic dentistry, we also provide alternative sedation for patients who require extensive dental work or suffer from dental anxiety. Gone are the days of avoiding necessary dental procedures simply out of fear.
Call the staff at Dr. Ryan Wilgus today and improve your smile, pain-free! 916-457-7710